Sunday 24 November 2013

Anything Goes - Noticeboard


I love that you can add layer upon layer of ink and paint onto Tando chipboard and it was really fun playing with this on a larger scale.  My To Do list was made using this kit:


I have saved the days of the week and chipboard squares for another project.

 I started by covering my backing sheet of chipboard in dictionary paper, and then gesso, then lots of different mist, a mixture of some reds, greens, blues and a little black in there too.  I painted the frame in  white gesso, and then used embossing powder and a grid stamp, randomly around the edge to add some texture.  I then added some layers of my favourite colour cosmic shimmer mists - rubbing some of the misting away from the embossing so you get a white stamp pattern.  I also added some stamping in brown distress ink around the piece too.  I used some Tando cogs, not part of the kit, which I embossed in silver, and created little clusters of cogs and flowers at the corners of the board and added some mist to them so they blended in with my colour scheme.  I then went to work using similar techniques on the title and I wrapped some wire and bakers twine around the edge. I punched holes for the string on each side of the board before sticking the frame to the back - I used bulldog clips to hold it together.  The last steps were some pegs and little butterflies.



Katherine

5 comments:

Cocofolies said...

This noticeboard is really gorgeous Katherine !!! What a great idea to pin on it all your awaiting crafty "to do" things ! :-) Love it, thanks for the inspiration ! Coco xx

roc said...

this is really great. love it!

anncreatief said...

wat een geweldig notitiebord heb je gemaakt.
Liefs Anneke

Words and Pictures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Words and Pictures said...

Such a delight of a project - I love the colours and those touches of sparkle!
Alison x