Thursday 26 September 2013

Tando Candle Screen


As you will all know this weeks challenge is to use some of Tando's larger pieces.  I used some more of the arches in my arch set - I find them so versatile - I've made little notice boards and frames....now a candle screen (and when I say candle I mean the battery operated ones and not the flame ones as flames and paper burn!).

I used double sided papers for this project so you don't get a white side.  I started by coating my arches in gesso and then misted them with yellow mist and added some gold gelato pastel colours too which I smudged in with my fingers.  I cut our a scalloped shape with my die cut machine, and then carefully cut it slightly wider than the arches.  To hide the join I backed my arches with paper - this also covers up the small hinge that I made our of paper too.  I then added a few butterflies and a battery candle.




Katherine

5 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Wow Katherine! Stunning project! Great use for the arch frames!

Wendy said...

What a fab idea .... I think I have some arches somewhere.... :-)

roc said...

that is beautiful!

Cocofolies said...

I love your idea of adding these papers cut out inside the three arches Katherine, this is very clever and beautiful! Coco xx

Gio said...

Such a brilliant idea! Love it!